Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Thoughts on The Negro Don Draper

I've been a fan of Mad Men since i first heard about the idea of the show and until mid way through the first season thought Don Draper was a black man passing for a white man in the advertising industry similar to "Diary of an Ex-Colored Man". It was later revealed to my disappointment that his dark (no pun intended) secret was he was the son of a prostitute. An article in the Atlantic made me feel better since it appears like I was not the only one who felt that way.

So Mad Men is over, and short of the NFL, there really is no other reason for me to have a TV. I got rid of mine last spring, and I actually considered buying a new one just to see the new season. But then I discovered Mad Men was on Itunes. You should know that there are only two shows that have ever made me cry--Justice League and Mad Men. Sound insane? You obviously have never watched Justice League.

read the rest after the Link - The Negro Donald Draper


I have to also agree on the fact that Justice League was possibly the best cartoon drama ever written!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin